SOUNDS Academy Volunteers help further the development of music education to underserved youth and Title 1 schools. This awesome group is comprised of dreamers and doers who see no bounds when given a task and making it happen. They adapt and understand that it can be possible to do the “impossible”. They help to mold the future of the students, which we serve. They are elite examples of creativity, leadership, perseverance, resilience, and teamwork. They don’t make excuses; they make it happen!
SOUNDS Academy Volunteers move mountains and have a hand in many aspects of the organization. While we attend a lot of events, we believe that SOUNDS Academy Volunteers can do more than stand at a booth and smile; time can be better spent to create effective change. With these opportunities comes tremendous responsibility. SOUNDS Academy Volunteers are deeply appreciated and taken very seriously along with their work.
- Opportunities to meet with expert musicians and music professionals
- Access to concerts, concert halls, and festivals
- Network with professionals in a multitude of fields
- Possibility of working with current SOUNDS Academy teachers and/or students
The time commitment for volunteers are dependent upon the availability of the volunteer.
Do you like helping?
Would you like to help spread music opportunities for underserved youth?
Are You Available for 2 – 5 hours to volunteer for an event?
Are You Available for 2 – 4 hours during the week to help with administrative tasks?
Then we are looking for YOU!!!
Volunteer Duties include:
1. Helping at our Events
- Set up venue and break down for events (performance, fundraising, etc.)
- Photographer and/or Videographer; Photo Booth
- Student Attendant (Backstage)
- Be a Stage Director (guide performers on/off stage, set up mics & stands etc.)
- Work as ushers at events (seat guests, give directions to restrooms)
- Present awards, prizes etc. to teachers, students etc.
- Help with raffles prizes & silent auctions
- Update social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Serve refreshments
2. Mentoring Students
- Help with College Prep (Applications, Answering Questions)
- Prepare Student Speakers (for events)
3. Helping at our Central Office (Phoenix Center For the Arts)
- Front Desk Greeter (2-4 hours)
- Data Entry
- Compile and Organize Packets
- Contact Parents
- Prepare awards for students, teachers, etc.
- Be a room attendant for our end of year exams
- March: Sounds Kitchen
- May: The Benefit Concert
- July: Cover the Crescent
- October: Speakeasy
- Instrument Petting Zoos, Master Classes, School & Community Concerts