Update from our Director
Hello SOUNDS Academy Family!
Thank You for Helping Us
Resource Webpage for All Programs
Additionally, SOUNDS Academy is currently following the recommendations from the CDC and the Arizona Department of Health Services.
- Students, patrons, volunteers, staff, and instructors who are ill or experiencing acute respiratory illness symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath need to stay home, and should not return to lessons or classes until they are symptom-free, without medication, for at least 72 hours.
- We are asking that you notify the Director of SOUNDS Academy if you become a person under investigation. (Please click here for details about evaluating and reporting persons under investigation for COVID-19.)
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash or sanitize your hands. If no tissue is available, use elbows to cover coughs and sneezes (do not use hands).
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask
- Wash your hands often and vigorously with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Wash hands often with soap and water.
- If you travel often, CDC has specific guidance for travelers here.
- It is currently flu season, so get your flu vaccine if you haven’t already.
Resources for Musicians and Teaching Artists
Artist Relief Project
• Any artist in any discipline who has been impacted by COVID19-related cancellations and closures may apply for assistance.
Artist Relief Tree
• Anyone who is an artist (of any kind) can request funds. Requests are fulfilled with a flat US$250 on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Arizona Commission on the Arts
• Relief Funds Around
• Short Term Jobs
• Long Term Solutions
• Governmental Resources
Arizona Commision on the Arts
• Open to individual residents of Arizona who are 18 years of age or older whose primary source of income is related to artistic production, teaching artist residencies, arts and cultural events, or contract work with nonprofit arts organizations. Provides grants of $500-$1,500.
• A State-by-State Resource Guide for Music Professionals Who Need Help During Coronavirus Crisis
COVID-19 Freelance Artist Resources
• Virtual Events and Seminars
COVID-19 Emergency Funding and Artist Resources
• List of emergency funding resources
Equal Sound Corona Relief Fund
• For musicians who have lost income due to a cancelled gig as a result of the Coronavirus / Covid-19 outbreak.
National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM)
• Small Business Relief Resource
• Paid Family and Medical Leave
• Unemployment Assistance
• Policy Updates
Rauschenberg Emergency Grants
• The fund provides one-time cash grants of up to $5,000 to cover expenses caused by one-time, unexpected medical emergencies.
Small Business Grants Program
• Facebook is offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits to small businesses to help during this challenging time.
• Sweet Relief Musicians Fund provides financial assistance to all types of career musicians who are struggling to make ends meet while facing illness, disability, or age-related problems. Sweet Relief offers many services and resources in addition to financial assistance.
The Arts Council of Greater Kalamazoo
• Online grant workshops designed to illuminate the various grant programs housed at the Arts Council of Greater Kalamazoo as well as funding opportunities through the State of Michigan.