SOUNDS Academy Teachers
SOUNDS Academy provides lessons on the instruments from the string and woodwinds family, piano, and guitar for children. Students complete an online registration form where they are then connected to one of our music instructors. Once in SOUNDS Academy, students receive weekly individual lessons, group classes, and participate in public performances. Students in our Strings Program also participate in Q&A sessions with musicians and music professionals through our Musical Access Program and perform throughout the valley. Students graduate from SOUNDS Academy when they graduate from high school.
JOB DESCRIPTION & LOCATIONS:
• We are looking for inspirational, patient, professional, and enthusiastic teachers to teach private lessons and group classes for children ages 5 – 18. Classes are taught in Avondale, Mesa, and Phoenix, Arizona.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Accomplished as a reliable teacher and an enthusiastic performer on a string instrument
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 2 years experience in related field
• Understanding of the needs of school children in underserved communities
• Exceptionally driven
• Strong communication, collaborative, and organization skills
• Positive and fun personality with a professional demeanor
• Highly dynamic and adaptive
• Positive classroom management and student report
• Strong sense of accountability and professional ownership
• Ability to develop and maintain an ongoing professional relationship with parents, teachers, professional musicians, and students
• Special consideration given to candidates possessing one or more of the following: Background in a variety of musical styles, Compositional Skills, Experience in directing youth ensembles, Experience in Recruitment, Spanish Fluency, Suzuki Certification
• Understand and represent SOUNDS Academy philosophies and teaching techniques
• Teach group classes and/or individual lessons
• Submit detailed lesson plans, as requested
• Mentor SOUNDS Academy students
• Coordinate and cooperate with SOUNDS Academy administration in keeping track of students’ attendance and progress
• Aid in defining and assessing musical learning outcomes
• Attend peer exchange and professional development workshops
Compensation is on a volunteer and paid basis dependent on work-load. Compensation is competitive, flexible, and based upon the experience and expertise of the candidate.