SOUNDS Academy Programs
Our Musical Access Program exposes children to music. Students try out instruments through our Instrument Petting Zoo. We also bring musicians to schools to perform. Students get to ask questions about the musical journeys of the musicians. It is a great inspiration for students to start or continue playing music.
SOUNDS Academy provides weekly group instruction to Title 1 schools. Students learn the fundamental techniques of playing instruments, reading music, playing in a group, and performing. Students perform at least twice a year while in this program. Classes are once a week for 60 minutes.
Our Strings Program is for the child that wants more. Students attend concerts, receive weekly 1-on-1 lessons, and play in chamber music groups (trios, quartets, etc.) or youth orchestras. Students in this program have gone on to receive scholarships to various summer institutes and colleges.
A few things about SOUNDS Academy
Students Impacted by Musical Access
Total Classes in Schools
Audience Impacted by Community Concerts
The Problems That We Are Solving
- "In addition to all the more obvious benefits of music, SOUNDS Academy has given us a chance to talk with our child about patience, responsibility, and what it means to practice every day. The experience goes beyond just learning notes."- Ms. Seltzer; SOUNDS Academy Parent
- "SOUNDS Academy allows my child to build confidence and discipline in herself and belief in her musical abilities."- Maxine Marshall; SOUNDS Academy Parent
- "In my family, we say 'It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be'. SOUNDS Academy has given my child an opportunity to blossom. SOUNDS Academy has unlocked my daughters inner passion and creativity. Thank You!!!"- SOUNDS Academy Parent
- "SOUNDS Academy taught me how to conquer my fears and put myself out there because you never know what you'll learn about yourself."- Ms. Montalbo; Graduate of SOUNDS Academy
- "Instruction in the creative arts are integral to the development of children's problem solving, logical reasoning, and self-esteem. SOUNDS Academy fills a deficit in the current US educational system by providing the space to develop these skills."- Kirsten Eby MAT, MA, BHT, Expressive Arts Therapist (SOUNDS Academy Board Member)
- "I choose to have my sons in SOUNDS Academy because they care. The dedication of the organization is truly heart felt in everything that they do."- SOUNDS Academy Parent
Meet our Team
SOUNDS Academy prides ourselves in providing professional teachers with a high level of education and performance. Our faculty live and teach the values of perseverance, resilience, teamwork, leadership, and creativity through music education and performance. FIND OUT MORE ABOUT US