SOUNDS Academy Programs
Our Musical Access Program exposes children to music. Students try out instruments through our Instrument Petting Zoo. We also bring musicians to schools to perform. Students get to ask questions about the musical journeys of the musicians. It is a great inspiration for students to start or continue playing music.
SOUNDS Academy provides weekly group instruction to Title 1 schools. Students learn the fundamental techniques of playing instruments, reading music, playing in a group, and performing. Students perform at least twice a year while in this program. Classes are once a week for 60 minutes.
Our Strings Program is for the child that wants more. Students attend concerts, receive weekly 1-on-1 lessons, and play in chamber music groups (trios, quartets, etc.) or youth orchestras. Students in this program have gone on to receive scholarships to various summer institutes and colleges.
A few things about SOUNDS Academy
Students Impacted by Musical Access
Total Classes in Schools
Audience Impacted by Community Concerts
The Problems That We Are Solving
- "SOUNDS Academy provides programs for students to broaden their horizons and learn the relationships between music and other subjects like math, science, languages arts, and history."- SOUNDS Academy Board Member
- "I am very thankful to be a student of SOUNDS Academy because they allow me to put smiles on the faces of friends and family members when I perform the different songs that I have learned."Ms. Rivas; SOUNDS Academy Student
- "I like SOUNDS Academy because they allow me to learn a lot, teach me how to write my own music, and help prepare me for youth orchestra auditions. They encourage and allow me to be confident and extraordinary."Ms. Chávez; SOUNDS Academy Student
- "SOUNDS Academy provides a climate, through private lessons and group activities, that enables all students to reach their artistic potential. SOUNDS academy instructors provide artistic instruction, which enhances student’s academic ability, by providing training that strengthens characters, clarifies judgment and refines sensitivity. These personal developments are key to academic and career success. Music and academics work hand in hand to cultivate youth that will greatly enhance our society."- Adrienne Henderson-Cole, M. Ed, National Board Certified Teacher
- "SOUNDS Academy taught me how to conquer my fears and put myself out there because you never know what you'll learn about yourself."- Ms. Montalbo; Graduate of SOUNDS Academy
- "The students that SOUNDS Academy have inspired would have never had the opportunity to shine had it not been for SOUNDS Academy. We need to support leaders like Kirk and programs like SOUNDS because his approach works and is creating both short and long term benefits for the youth he selflessly serves!"- Nate Anderson; Founder of Ear Candy; West Coast Director of Little Kids Rock
Meet our Team
SOUNDS Academy prides ourselves in providing professional teachers with a high level of education and performance. Our faculty live and teach the values of perseverance, resilience, teamwork, leadership, and creativity through music education and performance. FIND OUT MORE ABOUT US