Who We Are
SOUNDS Academy is a non-profit music education organization that teaches, mentors, and provides musical experiences and opportunities for underserved youth. In SOUNDS Academy students learn the character values of creativity, leadership, perseverance, resilience, and teamwork through music education.
What We Do
We teach character values in our Musical Access Program, which connects students to live music and instruments through our Instrument Petting Zoos, our School Programs for lower income schools , and our SOLO Program, which provides one-on-one instruction. Instruments are provided to those who cannot afford one.
SOUNDS Academy Programs
Our Musical Access Program exposes children to music. Students try out instruments through our Instrument Petting Zoo. We also bring musicians to schools to perform. Students get to ask questions about the musical journeys of the musicians. It is a great inspiration for students to start or continue playing music.
SOUNDS Academy provides weekly group instruction to Title 1 schools. Students learn the fundamental techniques of playing instruments, reading music, playing in a group, and performing. Students perform at least twice a year while in this program. Classes are once a week for 60 minutes.
Our SOLO Program is for the child that wants more. Students attend concerts, receive weekly 1-on-1 lessons, and play in chamber music groups (trios, quartets, etc.) or youth orchestras. Students in this program have gone on to receive scholarships to various summer institutes and colleges.
A few things about SOUNDS Academy
Students Impacted by Musical Access
Students Impacted by The School Program
Scholarship Dollars Given
The Problems That We Are Solving
- "I am very thankful to be a student of SOUNDS Academy because they allow me to put smiles on the faces of friends and family members when I perform the different songs that I have learned."Ms. Rivas; SOUNDS Academy Student
- "I choose to have my sons in SOUNDS Academy because they care. The dedication of the organization is truly heart felt in everything that they do."- SOUNDS Academy Parent
- "SOUNDS Academy taught me how to conquer my fears and put myself out there because you never know what you'll learn about yourself."- Ms. Montalbo; Graduate of SOUNDS Academy
- SOUNDS Academy has taught me not only to become a better performer, but a better person, whose value of character has grown under the nurturing guidance of my teacher.- SOUNDS Academy Student
- "SOUNDS Academy provides a climate, through private lessons and group activities, that enables all students to reach their artistic potential. SOUNDS academy instructors provide artistic instruction, which enhances student’s academic ability, by providing training that strengthens characters, clarifies judgment and refines sensitivity. These personal developments are key to academic and career success. Music and academics work hand in hand to cultivate youth that will greatly enhance our society."- Adrienne Henderson-Cole, M. Ed, National Board Certified Teacher
- SOUNDS Academy has provided my daughter with an exceptional learning experience! In these times of drastic school cutbacks, most especially in music and the arts, they have created an environment for our kids to persevere, thrive, and grow beyond expectations. The instructors are excellent role models and build lasting relationships with their students.- SOUNDS Academy Parent
Meet our Team
SOUNDS Academy prides ourselves in providing professional teachers with a high level of education and performance. Our faculty live and teach the values of perseverance, resilience, teamwork, leadership, and creativity through music education and performance. FIND OUT MORE ABOUT US