What is SOUNDS Academy?
Who We Are
SOUNDS Academy is a non-profit music education organization that teaches, mentors, and provides musical experiences and opportunities for underserved youth. In SOUNDS Academy students learn the character values of creativity, leadership, perseverance, resilience, and teamwork through music education.
What We Do
We teach character values in our Musical Access Program, which connects students to live music and instruments through our Instrument Petting Zoos, our School Programs for lower income schools , and our SOLO Program, which provides one-on-one instruction. Instruments are provided to those who cannot afford one.
SOUNDS Academy Programs
Our Musical Access Program exposes children to musical experiences through live performances and Instrument Petting Zoos. Through this program, children are inspired to explore music and play instruments. Beyond a live performance, musicians share their stories and speak about the importance of creativity, leadership, perseverance, resilience, teamwork, and higher education.
School Programs provide instrumental instruction in a group setting. Students learn the character values of creativity, leadership, perseverance, resilience, and teamwork through music education. While in the program, students receive instruments, music books, and other materials. Classes teach note reading and the fundamentals of instrument performance through bi-weekly, hour-long classes.
Our SOLO Program provides one-on-one lessons to students. Students receive mentorship to prepare them for auditions and high-level performances. While in the SOLO Program, students receive instruments, music books, and other supplementary materials. It is out of this program that students have received scholarships to play with orchestras and attend college.
The Collective consists of 50 hardworking students who exemplify the character values of creativity, leadership, perseverance, resilience, and teamwork. Students in this program attend concerts, take lessons, play in a chamber ensemble, and take theory classes for 6 hours a week. Additionally, these students perform throughout the valley, using the community as their stage.
A few things about SOUNDS Academy
Students Impacted Through The Musical Access Program
Students Impacted through the School Program
Scholarship Dollars Given
The Problems We Are Solving
- "In addition to all the more obvious benefits of music, SOUNDS Academy has given us a chance to talk with our child about patience, responsibility, and what it means to practice every day. The experience goes beyond just learning notes."- Ms. Seltzer; SOUNDS Academy Parent
- "I choose to have my sons in SOUNDS Academy because they care. The dedication of the organization is truly heart felt in everything that they do."- SOUNDS Academy Parent
- "In my family, we say 'It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be'. SOUNDS Academy has given my child an opportunity to blossom. SOUNDS Academy has unlocked my daughters inner passion and creativity. Thank You!!!"- SOUNDS Academy Parent
- SOUNDS Academy has taught me not only to become a better performer, but a better person, whose value of character has grown under the nurturing guidance of my teacher.- SOUNDS Academy Student
- "I like SOUNDS Academy because they allow me to learn a lot, teach me how to write my own music, and help prepare me for youth orchestra auditions. They encourage and allow me to be confident and extraordinary."Ms. Chávez; SOUNDS Academy Student
- SOUNDS Academy has provided my daughter with an exceptional learning experience! In these times of drastic school cutbacks, most especially in music and the arts, they have created an environment for our kids to persevere, thrive, and grow beyond expectations. The instructors are excellent role models and build lasting relationships with their students.- SOUNDS Academy Parent
Meet our Team
SOUNDS Academy prides ourselves in providing professional teachers with a high level of education and performance. Our faculty live and teach the values of perseverance, resilience, teamwork, leadership, and creativity through music education and performance. FIND OUT MORE ABOUT US