SOUNDS Academy is a non-profit music education organization that teaches, mentors, and provides musical experiences and opportunities for underserved youth. Students receive individual lessons, group classes, and perform on string and woodwind instruments, guitar, and piano. Instruments are provided to those who cannot afford one. In SOUNDS Academy students learn the character values of creativity, leadership, perseverance, resilience, and teamwork through music education. We teach these values in our Musical Access Program, which connects students to live music and instruments through our Instrument Petting Zoos, our School Programs for lower income schools and community centers, and our SOLO Program, which provides one-on-one instruction.
The Development Manager will work closely with the Founder/CEO as well as members of the Board of Directors and the External Affairs Committee to plan, execute, and manage a comprehensive fundraising operation for SOUNDS Academy, including annual campaigns, individual major, planned programs, special events, fundraising services and information management.
The Development Manager will be an experienced, results-oriented senior development professional.
- Assist in the Management of the Annual Fundraising Plan.
- Execute Fundraising Campaigns and Special Events.
- Manage donor information and management system.
- Analyze all data and trends related to fund development and giving (eg., KPIs).
- Collaborate on proposal writing efforts and grant deadlines with grant writer.
- Manage volunteers involved in the fundraising process, including but not limited to the Board of Directors and special events committees.
- Work with External Affairs Committee.
- Represent SOUNDS Academy in the community, when needed.
- Assist with media relations related to fundraising.
- Implement and manage giving operations including donor-tracking systems, data management, meeting preparation, gift processing and post-gift donor management.
- Manage marketing and communications priorities (eg., create donor communications such as newsletters, social media campaigns, publications such as Annual Reports, and website content as appropriate.
- Create, track, and report progress on all of the above on a regular basis to the CEO.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
The Development Manager works and interfaces with a variety of people including SOUNDS staff and volunteers, members of the Board of Director, employees of funding sources, and the general public.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Be able to exemplify the character values of creativity, leadership, perseverance, resilience, and teamwork
- Entrepreneurial and innovative spirit who thrives in a fast-paced, exciting work environment.
- Ability to work with others or independently with confidence as well as certain internal responsibility.
- Strongly developed organizational, interpersonal, and managerial skills.
- Desire to grow, improve, and achieve on behalf of and within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree; CFRE certification a plus.
- Minimum three years of related work experience.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written, including public speaking.
- Flexibility to work evenings and some weekend days, as required.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work at a fast pace while maintaining accuracy.
- A strong desire to work in a non-profit organization and a commitment to the mission of the SOUNDS Academy.
- Must be comfortable in social settings and interacting with prospective donors.
- Experience with computer and development software systems.
Full Time Position; Salary Range: $44,000 – $49,000 (negotiable dependent upon experience)
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
SOUNDS Academy seeks a dynamic, motivated and experienced individual to take on the position of Administrative Supervisor. The Administrative Supervisor will be responsible for the operational success of SOUNDS Academy, ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, and quality control and evaluation. In this newly established role, the Administrative Supervisor will manage a growing staff and community.
Candidates with experience, unique ideas, and strong connections with the communities which SOUNDS Academy serves will be given preferential consideration. Experience with SalesForce and Bilingual-Spanish speaking is a plus.
• Work the Executive Director to carry out the SOUNDS Academy mission and vision in order to continuously improve student achievements.
• Communicate with empathy and understanding to the individual needs of students and families.
• Efficiently execute the registration and scholarship process.
• Manage schedules, calendars, and SOUNDS Academy communication systems.
• Communicate effectively and constructively with parents, teachers, principals, and other key members of SOUNDS Academy programs.
• Work independently and without supervision while completing work in an efficient and timely manner.
• Plan, schedule, and oversee community events and Instrument Petting Zoos.
• Manage, schedule, and track volunteers.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess:
• Entrepreneurial and innovative spirit who thrives in a fast-paced, exciting work environment.
• Ability to work with others or independently with confidence as well as certain internal responsibility.
• Strongly developed organizational, interpersonal, and managerial skills.
• Desire to grow, improve, and achieve on behalf of and within the organization.
• Special consideration given to candidates with fluency in Spanish.
• Minimum of a BA, MA preferred.
• At least 3 years of organizational and team experience.
• Experience with scheduling, calendar management, major events, and working with volunteers.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
• Recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control and performance.
• Ability to work with diverse populations with a record of leadership and accomplishments.
• Strong written and verbal communication with equally strong presentation skills.
Note: Part Time Position; Hourly Range: $12 – $17 per hour (dependent on experience)
Instructions to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references (name, phone, and email) to email@example.com.